Friday, June 20, 2008

Alright, so...

I figured that I should be trying to post at least once a day on here. Now I had planned to go to Wal-mart and pick up some cards, but I got sidetracked throughout the day. So today, I've decided to write about a baseball book that I thoroughly enjoy, The New Bill James Historical Baseball Abstract.

Okay, so, if you're a baseball nut like me, you've most likely already read this book (or at least part of it). For those of you who haven't, I really suggest picking it up from your local library. In it, Bill James describes each decade of play from the 1870s to the 1990s, and also lists the top 100 players at each position according to the Win Shares method.

However, the real draw of this book is the way James incorporates humor and interesting facts throughout it. My favorite has to be the comments he makes about Albert Belle:

10.) So far as we know, he's never killed anyone. 

I'll stop there so that I don't spoil anything else. ;)

Anyway, this is definitely a must read if you really enjoy reading about the game. I plan to actually bust cards later today (since it's about 3 AM as I'm writing this), so if you're one of the two people actually reading this (me and you), check soon!

Max

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wOOt first post agian!
making this a goal to get first post dont know why.