Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2008 Bowman Baseball Pack



Went out to Wal-mart today and got two packs of 2008 Bowman Baseball! Each of them cost $2.97 for those curious, so let's see what I got!


Breakdown:
5 Veteran Base



  • C.C. Sabathia, Pitcher, Indians (Still pretty young [27] and has yet to have a year where his ERA is higher than the league average)



  • Gil Meche, Pitcher, Royals (Not a bad starting pitcher, but not a particularly good one either...)



  • Manny Ramirez, Outfielder, Red Sox (He's been a much nicer individual this year it seems, and he's a sure shot Hall of Famer with over 500 career home runs)



  • Jered Weaver, Pitcher, Angels (Anthony likes the Angels, so here's to you!)



  • Cole Hamels, Pitcher, Phillies (I forsee a great career for this guy. He's only 24, so he might win over 200 games.)



2 First Year Bowman Rookies




  • Joseph Mahoney, 1B, Orioles (I don't really know much about most prospects, but my favorite team is the Orioles, so hopefully he'll be good)

  • Matthew Buschmann, Pitcher, Padres (Again, don't know much about this guy. His card said he uses his fastball and slider well, and fields his position well, though)



2 First Year Bowman Chrome Rookies and 1 Gold




  • Luke Montz, Catcher, Nationals (I decided to look at this guy's minor league stats, and he has a pretty high OBP for a catcher. So far this year, he's batting .296 in Double-A ball, but his OBP is .383; he seems to draw a good number of walks)

  • Brian Barton, Outfielder, Cardinals (A 26 year old rookie...I'm not seeing anything special)

  • Orlando Cabrera, Shortstop, White Sox (Hard to believe the guy's 33 now...)




Well, not too bad of a pack. The only bummer is that I already had both of the chrome cards that I got from the pack. I got another pack, but I'll just put that one up tomorrow. ;)



Peace,



Max

No comments: